Notes to Parents
Notes to Parents
- The list of sports being offered is tentative until after registration. Sports offered depend on how many parents volunteer to coach. We cannot run this program without you! Please check the appropriate box on the sign-up form indicating your willingness to help, or talk with any of the organizers to find out more about volunteering.
- A complete date, time and location schedule will be made available on the website and will be distributed at the first Youth Sports Program (YSP) day. The schedule will also have contact information for the commissioner of each sports league.
- Once the child is registered, they will receive an AmSoc vest. Please have your child wear his or her team shirt to all games.
- Children playing soccer should wear shin guards. When playing on the Graded field, spectators and players must wear soft-soled (tennis) shoes on the field (no cleats). Cleats are permitted on the field at Chapel School, PACA, and the US Consulate, depending on the field condition.
- We will make every effort to respect the schedule. Should games be cancelled because of weather or other unforeseen conditions, this information will be posted on the website update board and efforts will be made by the commissioners to e-mail or call you. Whenever possible, e-mail will be used as the preferred method of communication.
- Please respect the start times and arrive early. This time can be used to do light body stretching, in anticipation of when the group exercises before training or game start.
- For events held at the US Consulate, arrive at least 20 extra minutes in advance to allow time for the security check
- When game times finish, please encourage your children to return the sports equipment (balls, etc.) and move off of the playing field so the next sport can start.
- Please do not leave your children unsupervised between games, and keep younger children with you. The schools are allowing us to use their facilities under the condition that all children are supervised at all times.
- We invite community groups to hold bake sales (including drinks!) during YSP games. However we can’t count on these groups every Saturday and encourage parents to provide their own refreshments for, during, and after the games.
- At the end of each season, we hold a family-oriented party with end-of-season awards, including participation trophies and a team picture for each child.